We are proud of our impeccable safety record. Pelly has won numerous safety awards over the years.
We track safety reporting and use this information to assess safety systems and provide feedback.
We continually review and update our safety systems to prevent harm to people, assets and the environment. Pelly rigorously performs safety audits to ensure compliance with the Health and Safety Committee per the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Pelly has adopted a paperless safety system. This effective and efficient system allows for even greater accountability and follow-up.
Pelly is a leader in Yukon on safety and is devoted to the continuous improvement of safe work practices and procedures, ensuring a strong Health and Safety Program. In addition to the Health and Safety Program Pelly’s mandate as an employer is to provide training and mentorship throughout the organization. Our commitment to safety excellence and employee development is a proven factor in providing the right combination of tools, conditions and environment for our safety culture to thrive. Pelly’s Health and Safety Program and management practices are COR certified. COR certification is a testament to the maturity of the Health and Safety policies through standardization of training, auditing, due diligence and continuous improvement.
We are proud of our impeccable safety record. Pelly has won numerous safety awards over the years. Pelly Construction was instrumental in a client winning the following safety awards:
Awards and Achievements
• 2006, 2007 & 2011 Brule Mine Awarded the Edward Prior Safety Award, an award given out by the Province of British Columbia – Minimum of 200,000, but less than 1,000,000 worker hours and the lowest lost-time accident frequency rate.
• Steward/O’Brian Safety Award both awards were given out by the Province of British Columbia – Minimum of 35,000, but less than 200,000 worker hours and the lowest lost-time accident frequency rate.
• 2006 & 2008 John T. Ryan an award of excellence given out by the Canadian Institute of Mining National award – lowest accident forgiveness.
• 2008 – Western Canadian Coal Corp – Brule Mine, mine contractor Pelly Construction Ltd.
• 2006 – Western Canadian Coal Corp – Dillon Mine, mine contractor Pelly Construction Ltd.
• 2008 – Pelly Construction congratulates its employees at Capstone Mining’s Minto Mine for achieving safety excellence in 2008. In excess of 159,000 man-hours were worked with zero lost time, zero incidents, and zero medical aids.
• 2010 – Pelly Construction congratulates its employees at Capstone Mining’s Minto Mine for achieving safety excellence in 2010. In excess of 186,000 man-hours worked with zero lost time and zero incidents.
• 2010 – Pelly Construction successfully developed and implemented a Safety Management System to a standard established by the Northern Safety Network Yukon. April 22, 2010.